Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm one!


I turned one year old on September 22nd and my parents had a small family birthday party for me! Uncle Pete, Uncle Brian, Aunt Gretchen, Grandma and Papa See, and my cousins Isaac, A.J., and Sammie came over to celebrate! I think turning one was a bigger deal for my parents than it was for me!

As some of you already know, I took my first 4 steps without help last Friday evening - my parents flipped out in utter surprise and joy! I made sure they were watching me because it was definitely one of my proudest moments to date! Although I've been taking a few steps daily, I still prefer to knee walk - yep, just like it sounds - it looks pretty funny put I'm a pro now so my knees don't even get red! I'm starting to say words too - car, ball, ba ba and mama and dada. I was trying to say tractor the other day but it was just too complicated for me! I like to practice scooting off the couch and I like to climb things, especially the stairs. I'm now starting to go through an even bigger mama stage! My favorite book right now is "Mr. Brown can MOO, can You" by Dr. Seuss. I just want to tell everyone that I really really really miss my Nana B and Papa Dave in Lansing and can't wait to be with them again soon!

Cuddles, Leo

No comments: